Why Pest Control Is Still Important In The Winter In Pocatello
December 12, 2021
Winter might seem like a time that’s a total reprieve from pests, but this isn’t actually the case. While you are more likely to see most pests during the warmer months, many different species can live inside your Pocatello home during the winter, even if you aren’t seeing them.
In fact, some pests are known to overwinter inside houses and buildings in the area. They will find shelter from the weather or access to food while they reproduce and wait to emerge in the spring. Some of these pests include rodents, spiders, and occasionally termites.
Because of this, you shouldn’t assume that pests just go away or die in the winter. They aren’t actually gone at all. Pest control efforts are important to continue throughout the year, especially if you want to keep your property free of dangerous and destructive pest species.
Read on to discover important pest control measures to take once the weather drops.
Winter And Pest Control Efforts
Because most pests are less active in the winter, this is the perfect time of year to ramp up pest control efforts both for the pests that could be overwintering and the ones that will emerge more in the spring.
By focusing on home pest control now, you can eradicate any current pests living inside the walls of your house and ensure that you won’t end up with large infestations that seem to come out of nowhere in the spring.
There are many effective pest control measures you can take even after the snow has started falling. There are also pest control experts available to assist you no matter what time of year it is.
Six Pest Prevention Tips For Winter
Since wintertime is already upon the area, taking active steps to handle pest problems is the best idea. Then, you can refocus your plan once the weather gets a little warmer.
For the cold months, the following six steps can address current and future pest problems:
- Always place secure lids on trash cans and take out the garbage regularly.
- Replace damaged or worn down weather stripping and door sweeps.
- Address other entry points into the house by sealing up holes and cracks in the walls and foundation. It’s a good idea to use products such as caulk or insulation foam.
- Cleanliness is key. You can start by removing excess clutter both around the property and inside of the home. Don’t forget garages and outbuildings.
- Regularly clean kitchen spaces. This includes doing dirty dishes, sweeping and mopping floors, and wiping up food and drink spills immediately.
- Get assistance from Pocatello pest experts for effective control and eradication throughout the year.
The Easiest Way To Keep Pests Away From Your Home Year-Round
After you’ve done what you can on your own to control pests during the winter, get in touch with the pros at Falls Pest Services. Our team can handle overwintering pests and also help you prevent pests for the upcoming spring season.
Discover more about our treatment plans by giving us a call today. We provide both residential and commercial services, and you can even book a quote online right away.