The Key To Keeping Your Pocatello Home Spider-Free
February 15, 2023
Spiders are known for being primarily beneficial pests in the wild. Still, most homeowners would rather keep them out for many reasons, including the fact that some are venomous and can inflict painful bites. If you have spotted spiders on your property, it is time to learn the habits and behaviors of common spiders, find out why a lot of spiders in your home could mean a bigger problem, and discover some of the most effective ways to keep them at bay. If you are struggling with a spider problem, Falls Pest Services provides pest control in Pocatello you can rely on for a spider-free home year-round.
Habits And Behaviors Of Common Spiders
The common types of spiders in the area share the following habits and behaviors:
- Spiders prey on insects: Spiders prefer to feast on insects that they will either actively hunt for or catch in their webs.
- Spiders spin sticky webs: Spiders produce silk that they use to capture prey, as well as spin webs that they can use once before making a new one or reusing several times, depending on the species.
- Spiders birth many offspring every year: If you have a few spiders in your home, you can quickly end up with an infestation. An orb-weaver spider can have a few hundred eggs in a single sack.
If you have seen signs of a spider infestation, read on to find out why this could mean a bigger problem.
A Lot Of Spiders In Your Home Could Mean A Bigger Problem
Spiders rarely appear out of nowhere. Often, they will be attracted to food, shelter, or water, which can mean several things. For one, you might have leaks in your home, which could cause structural damage. Also, you might not be storing your food correctly, which can put you at risk of other pest infestations that could transmit dangerous diseases. Some of the unhygienic invaders you will want to look for in the area include rodents, cockroaches, and ants. And finally, spiders might be preying on an existing pest infestation. If you are dealing with these unwanted invaders in your home, the following natural ways to get rid of spiders can help keep them out effectively.
What Are Some Ways I Can Keep Spiders Out Of My Home?
When you are trying to keep spiders out of your home, the following tips can help:
- Seal off entry points: From fitting windows with fine-mesh screens to sealing holes in walls and cracks in foundations, there are many ways to prevent spiders from coming in.
- Exterminate existing infestations: By not providing spiders with food sources, they are less likely to invade.
- Fix leaks and unclog pipes and drains: Spiders are attracted to moisture. Fixing leaks and keeping your home dry can go a long way in keeping them out.
- Schedule regular inspections: If spiders are a problem in your home, you will want to schedule regular pest control inspections to ensure they do not return.
To permanently get rid of arachnids in your home, the best solution is to combine prevention practices to get rid of spiders naturally with intermittent help from licensed pest control professionals.
How Do I Permanently Get Rid Of All The Spiders In My Home?
To permanently get rid of spiders in your home, you must use the prevention strategies described above consistently, in addition to scheduling regular pest control inspections and occasional pesticide treatments depending on the severity of the infestation. At Falls Pest Services, we proudly service the Pocatello area with reliable, top-quality spider control. Contact us today for a free quote or to schedule your initial inspection; your spider problem will be a thing of the past before you know it.
Spiders are bothersome pests that spin sticky webs that are a hassle to remove. They can also inflict painful and dangerous bites, like in the case of venomous house spiders. Thanks to years of experience and a dedication to excellent customer service, our team members will work with you to get rid of them safely and effectively.