How To Keep Spiders Out Of Your Idaho Falls, ID Home
October 15, 2021
If you’re finding spiders around your Idaho Falls home, you might be worried that they are dangerous. However, most spiders in the area are considered nuisance pests and aren’t as terrifying as they might look.
The majority of home-invading spiders in Idaho are harmless to humans, but this doesn’t mean they are a welcome sight. And, they can still bite even if they won’t cause lasting issues.
All spiders do have fangs and venom as they use these to hunt down their prey. The difference is that this venom usually isn’t potent enough to hurt people or most pets.
Some of the most common spiders in Idaho Falls include:
- Funnel-web spider: Often known as the hobo spider, this species was once thought to be dangerous, but it’s mostly considered harmless now. They are light to medium brown and have darker brown markings on their backs.
- Black widow spider: This is the only species in the area that is dangerous to have around. While not as common, they do invade homes. They are jet black with a red hourglass marking on their underbellies.
- Cellar spider: These long, spindly spiders create messy cobwebs. They have thin legs and are usually yellow or light brown.
- Orb-weaver spider: This nuisance species is usually black with whitish markings. They have bulbous bodies and small legs.
No matter what type of spider is hanging around your Idaho Falls home, chances are they are not a welcome sight.
Why Do Spider Infestations Occur?
While some pests in the area come inside in search of shelter or to eat food we leave behind, spiders come around in search of their prey. Because of this, the main reason you see more spiders around your home is that you have underlying issues with smaller insects.
While you might not even be aware that these pest problems exist, spiders will flock to an area that provides easy access to their prey. Most spiders prefer to live outdoors, but they will make their way inside while hunting and occasionally overwinter indoors.
What’s The Best Way To Remove Spiders In Idaho Falls?
The key to eradicating spiders is to eliminate their pest prey, and that’s what the experts at Falls Pest Services will do. Our residential pest control services will get rid of any existing spiders as well as their dinner, and we will keep these pests from coming back in the future, too.
All you need to do to get started is give us a call. We also offer free quotes.
Five Spider Prevention Tips
Removing spiders and their insect prey is simple with Falls Pest Services, but it’s still a good idea to take some steps on your own to prevent future infestations.
Here are a few ways to deter spiders:
- Keep their prey out by cleaning up food and drink spills right away. Also, keep kitchens clean by doing dishes and sweeping and mopping regularly.
- Store firewood and any other wood piles at least 30 feet away from your home. This is especially important because black widow spiders often live inside of these places.
- Make it more difficult for spiders and insects to get inside in the first place. Seal up cracks in the walls and foundation using caulk and fix broken screens.
- Leave some space between your home’s foundation and any landscaping plants.
- Remove clutter around the home, the garage, and the yard.
And remember, for additional advice or assistance getting or keeping your Idaho Falls home spider-free, call Falls Pest Services and get started on our effective home pest control services.